Merino Wool Cocoon - Sand
Snug as a bug in a cozy knitted Baby Cocoon made from merino wool. You can use it without the cap or leave the arms outside the cocoon. Put the knot higher with newborns and make it come down when your baby grows.
Merino wool doesn't itch and is antibacterial and, therefore, perfect for kids with eczema or sensitive skin.
- 0-8 months
- Material: 100 % extra fine Italian merino wool (oeko-tex, mulesing free).
- Made in Belgium
- It's not necessary to wash merino wool frequently. This fiber is self-cleaning.
- It's perfect to just air outside to have your products fresh again (humid weather is perfect for that). This may sound weird, but it really works.
- Otherwise, wash it very gently by hand with lukewarm water of MAX.20°
- Use a wool detergent to wash.
- WOOL PROGRAM 20°, low speed, at one's own risk as we cannot guarantee the individual program settings on the washing machines.
- We have noticed that some people had some ‘accidents’ by washing it. Be aware that ‘delicate wash’ is not a wool wash. The product will shrink if you wash it on a delicate program.
This is not a sleeping bag and needs to be kept under sight. Only for supervised napping. Not for sleeping at night.
WHY USE THE COCOON
The cocoon keeps your baby calm by creating a warm and restricted space that imitates a womb. When you use it from birth, they will get used to the cocoon feeling and settle in easily. The practice has shown that most babies calm down while lying inside the cocoon. It’s a softer form of swaddling your baby. The baby can still move and is cozied up. Merino wool is thermoregulating and ensures a good temperature for the baby.
HOW TO USE
The cocoon can grow with your baby. Simply place the knot high with newborns
and make it come down when your child grows.
Start by putting the button very high on newborns and gradually lower it as you go
as your baby grows. Like this, your baby cannot slip down. You can place the arms inside the cocoon or leave them out. Put the cap on or off.
WHEN TO USE
To use during daytime: for supervised naps, in the stroller, to calm your baby down when it has cramps. When your baby cannot settle down in the evening. Just to snuggle up. When you feed your baby. For walks. After a nice bath.
I ordered this last minute for my baby who was due any day. I was not expecting to receive it until after his arrival, but surprisingly it showed up on my doorstep two days later. It is so beautiful and soft on his delicate skin. It is warm without being too warm. He has basically been living in this since he was born a week ago, and I’m sure we will be using it for many months to come. I love it and wish I one for my other kids when they were babies.